Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a good Music Player for Ubuntu 20.04

Beans

Re: Looking for a good Music Player for Ubuntu 20.04

Another annoying thing is that it won't play a CD in its entirety, but only the track you click on. How inconvenient is that... I can't help think that there must be a way around this, but what is it?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wmrp View Post
    Another annoying thing is that it won't play a CD in its entirety, but only the track you click on. How inconvenient is that... I can't help think that there must be a way around this, but what is it?
    I have no idea, I don't even have a CD drive anymore. In the old days I just ripped them with k3b instead of playing directly from the CD. If you prefer to play from the CD, just use good old vlc, it will do the job.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain20122 View Post
    I have no idea, I don't even have a CD drive anymore. In the old days I just ripped them with k3b instead of playing directly from the CD. If you prefer to play from the CD, just use good old vlc, it will do the job.
    Audacious will also play audio CDs and is a much smaller, faster application than VLC; I use VLC for videos but not for audio for which I believe it's generally overkill

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

There is a nice application here:
    https://webamp.org/
    It works nicely with firefox and your own files you don't install anything.
    There is also an appimage stand alone file.
    https://www.appimagehub.com/p/1297098
    Happy user of Ubuntu-20.04 on a Beelink BT3pro mini PC

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    Audacious will also play audio CDs and is a much smaller, faster application than VLC; I use VLC for videos but not for audio for which I believe it's generally overkill
    I am sure it does, but I figured vlc is common and OP probably already has it installed.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wmrp View Post
    I just have no idea how to populate Guayadeque with music since the import option does not work.

Posting the above again, as I think it did not get noticed.

Beans

I won't install Guyadeque just to check out a hunch, but if it's anything like other library oriented players I've tried in the past then you have to set a directory as your library in the settings. 'Import' will then copy or move the files you give it to that folder.

Holger

Beans

I do not prefer to play from CD. The only reason I did that is that the music player does not import my huge digital music library (or even a portion of it). That is the whole point...but I guess anyone who read my original queries in this thread would have picked that up already.
    No clues anyone? How about the fellar who recommended this player in the first place, based on my expressed need to import my 15 GB (former iTunes) music library?

One more time: I would really like to play music while I work, imported into a good music player on Ubuntu. Folks on here must be doing that, I am sure. This old newbie would love to know how. Thanks in advance!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Strawberry has been mentioned 3 times in this thread. Have you tried it yet? Handles my 150 gig of Music no problem.
    https://www.strawberrymusicplayer.org/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by speartip View Post
    Strawberry has been mentioned 3 times in this thread. Have you tried it yet? Handles my 150 gig of Music no problem.
    https://www.strawberrymusicplayer.org/
    +1

It handles my ~200GB music library just fine as well.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast