Thread: No Wifi adapter found, Ubuntu 20.04, Lenovo I deapad 320 15IKB

Beans

No Wifi adapter found, Ubuntu 20.04, Lenovo I deapad 320 15IKB

I did a fresh install of Ubuntu 20.04 on my laptop Lenovo ideapad 320 15IKB, and since then I am not able to use wifi(bluetooth works fine).
    It says wifi adapter not found. Previously I have used Fedora 31, Ubuntu 18.04 on my laptop and wifi was working fine.
    Currently using LAN cable for internet.

I have posted the question here -> https://askubuntu.com/questions/1246...pter-not-found

Attaching output of following :
    Code:
    wget -N -t 5 -T 10 https://github.com/UbuntuForums/wireless-info/raw/master/wireless-info && \
    chmod +x wireless-info && \ ./wireless-info
    https://pastebin.com/RL6MF0sM

I can provide more information if needed.
    Please help me out here.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by beta-me; June 5th, 2020 at 01:40 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: No Wifi adapter found, Ubuntu 20.04, Lenovo I deapad 320 15IKB

I do not think that I can help much. The good news is that rfkill reports

ideapad_wlan: Wireless LAN
    Soft blocked: no
    Hard blocked: no
    This usually means that the wireless adapter is not switched off by software in the OS or by some switch on the machine. Now for the bad news.

iwconfig reports

enp2s0 no wireless extensions.

lo no wireless extensions.
    enp2s0 is the ethernet adapter. Elsewhere in the report you will see that enp2s0 has a driver installed. But iwconfig should also be reporting the wireless adapter as being present and it does not. For a wireless adapter it would show something like wl followed by a combination of letters and numbers and other information including signal level, transmitting power. Useful stuff to give confidence that any problem lies elsewhere.

I am guessing that the adapter needs a driver. I am not much help I am afraid. You can try running this command

Code:
    sudo lshw -C network
    That will show your ethernet interface and it should also show your wireless interface. If it doesn't then I guess that a driver is needed. I wonder if Software & Updates>Additional Drivers will find you a wifi driver?

Regards
    Last edited by grahammechanical; June 6th, 2020 at 07:25 PM.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: No Wifi adapter found, Ubuntu 20.04, Lenovo I deapad 320 15IKB

Check BIOS settings, see if WLAN is enabled and possibly do a BIOS reset to defaults. The results show an Intel bluetooth adapter but it doesn't show the Intel wifi adapter that it is part of