Thread: Grub Not Booting to Linux

Beans

Grub Not Booting to Linux

Hi I have Windows 10 installed on a Dell Laptop.
    I installed Elementary OS as dual boot and everything was ok.
    I decided to remove it by removing the partition and creating a new partition and then installed Peach OSI from USB.

Now when I boot the laptop goes to Grub Minimal BASH-Like line editing is supported.

The Boot info is here:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/bRh8z3gfQz/

I tried using Boot-repair from a Live ISO of Peach and used the recommended settings. It tried to uninstall GRUB but after using the suggested commands Boot-repair still said that Grub was still present and wouldn't proceed.
    It generated the following errors

W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/icl_dmc_ver1_07.bin for module i915
    W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/icl_guc_32.0.3.bin for module i915
    W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/glk_guc_32.0.3.bin for module i915
    W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/kbl_guc_32.0.3.bin for module i915
    W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/bxt_guc_32.0.3.bin for module i915
    W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/skl_guc_32.0.3.bin for module i915
    W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/icl_huc_ver8_4_3238.bin for module i915
    W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/glk_huc_ver03_01_2893.bin for module i915
    W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/bxt_huc_ver01_8_2893.bin for module i915

Beans

Re: Grub Not Booting to Linux

Moved to the "Windows" forum.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

If you directly boot from UEFI menu, the Peach entry does it boot?
    You do have an old Ubuntu entry that will not work & should be removed with efibootmgr & its -b xxxx -B commands, see:
    man efibootmgr
    sudo efibootmgr -v
    sudo efibootmgr -b XXXX -B
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans

No Peach will not boot from UEFI menu.

Beans

I uninstalled Peach and installed Elementary OS and it worked perfectly. I tried Peach several times but couldn't get it to work. I assume it is an issue with Peach (never had a problem with it before on other laptops).