Thread: Cambridge Silicon Radio Bluetooth USB Dongle Problems

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Cambridge Silicon Radio Bluetooth USB Dongle Problems

I purchased a USB Bluetooth Dongle and am having trouble getting it working (on 20.04)

It shows up in lsusb:

Bus 003 Device 008: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)

Bluetooth is unblocked in rfkill

Following the instructions for the CSR entries on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupp...othUsbAdapters did not work

blueman-manager comes back with

blueman-manager 22.29.06 ERROR Manager:118 on_dbus_name_appeared: Default adapter not found, trying first available.
    blueman-manager 22.29.06 ERROR Manager:122 on_dbus_name_appeared: No adapter(s) found, exiting

when I try to launch it.

Looking at Bluetooth in Settings says that it's turned off, clicking the switch to turn it on does nothing, except that it Bluetooth is added to the list in the dropdown menu when I click in the top right of the screen. It's listed as "Off" there, and clicking on it gives the options "Turn off" and "Bluetooth Settings" (the latter of which just opens Settings, while the former removes Bluetooth from the dropdown menu and does nothing else.)

Blueman launches at start with Bluetooth turned off, but when I try to turn it on, Blueman disappears from the tray and the Bluetooth option appears in the dropdown menu. If I tick it off again (again, it already says it's off), the icon reappears. Running blueman-assistant offers to enable bluetooth, then fails to do it.

Does anyone have any advice? I've tried everything I've found on Google, I think.

Beans

Re: Cambridge Silicon Radio Bluetooth USB Dongle Problems

I've tried everything I've found on Google, I think.
    https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=60824
    In other words, Google is telling me that you're in the market for a different USB adapter...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: Cambridge Silicon Radio Bluetooth USB Dongle Problems

Ugh, that sucks. Thanks, though~