frama@dell:~$ ./ping-subnet.sh
    Active IP: 172.16.0.1 
    Active IP: 172.16.0.212 
    Active IP: 172.16.0.215 
    Active IP: 172.16.0.226 
    Active IP: 172.16.0.236 
    Active IP: 172.16.0.242 
    Active IP: 172.16.0.248
    I also changed the server ip adress to 172.16.0.100/24 and nothing changed, network still unreachable

I we cannot fix this do you think reinstalling ubuntu will fix it? everything worked with the "try before installation" approach.

EDIT:
    I was thinking that maybe we could investigate the fact that the server fails to boot, seems strange that it won't boot because it has no Ethernet connection
    Last edited by arthurd3nt; June 3rd, 2020 at 04:29 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: ubuntu server failed to start network time syncronisation

Well, something is definitely off kilter which is why I suggested looking through your command history earlier to see if anything stuck out as dangerous.

Another thing you can do is remove the software you installed. So everywhere in your command history where you recently typed "apt install" then type "apt remove" which sounds like it is mainly just samba. I just don't know what in Samba would prevent the network card from working or the server from booting.

If you re-install, make sure you have a backup of any data or configuration files that you have on it. I would actually create another server in a virtual machine and try to get all the data/configs onto it so that you know you have a 2nd working copy. You can use Oracle VirtualBox to create a virtual machine on your desktop/laptop.

LHammonds

Beans

Re: ubuntu server failed to start network time syncronisation

I will do a reinstall, luckily I have all my config files/docker-compose stuff all backed up, I will first try do that on vbox to be sure.

Thanks a lot for the patience and the time you have dedicated to this, I really appreciated it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123