Thread: "Link to" option in 20.04

Beans

"Link to" option in 20.04

What happened to the "Link to" option in Ubuntu 20.04 and how can I get that option in the drop down menus? Thanks for the help!

Beans

Re: "Link to" option in 20.04

What "drop down menus" ??

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Are you talking about in the file manager? I haven't used GNOME or Unity in ages, so I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly. Are you trying to create a link from Nautilus (the file manager)? If so, you can just drag the source file to the new location while holding down the ALT key. After you release the mouse key, you can choose what you want to do - move, copy, or link.

Beans

When I go to a file, and right click, the "Create Link" option is no longer in the drop down menu as in previous version of Ubuntu. How do I get the "Create Link" option added to the drop down menu?
    Last edited by kenouel; May 31st, 2020 at 01:08 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I just realized that I still have Nautilus installed, so I checked. It's still there, you just need to reactivate it:

Click on the three dots (on my desktop, they're on the right, don't know about default Ubuntu):

Click "Preferences", then "Behavior".

There's a box there you have to check, "Show action to create symbolic links".
    Last edited by lazyteddy; May 31st, 2020 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Fixed a minor typo

Beans

Worked! Thanks for taking the time to help.