Thread: [Solved] Hard drive partion error

Beans

[Solved] Hard drive partion error

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum so please tell me if this is in the wrong spot. I'm trying to dual boot my windows 10 pc with xubuntu. I already have xubuntu on a bootable usb stick and want to get it on a partion of my hard drive. I tried resizing my main windows 10 partion with GParted, but when I confirm the changes I get an error message. Could someone please explain if I am doing this correctly, or I am using the wrong program or something like that. Thanks for reading. EDIT: I thought I solved the issue but I didn't
    Last edited by thewhitekeygamer; June 1st, 2020 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Solved

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Hard drive partion error

you will find a nice tutorial here
    Last edited by jp41; May 28th, 2020 at 10:50 PM.

Beans

In the tutorial, it says to delete a partion to free up space. Is it safe to delete any partion as long as it is not the one with windows, or is it only safe to delete ones like free space?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Hello!

Before you follow any advice given, please beware:

Do not, under any circumstances, modify any Windows partitions with Linux tools such as GParted. You will likely render your Windows installation inoperative. Use Windows tools to modify Windows partitions.

Don't bother deleting a partition. You can shrink one to free some space using Windows tools.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Ok. I have space for xubuntu now, but when I try to install it, I get the error message Errno 5 input/output error. Could someone please tell me what this means and how to fix it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I get the error message Errno 5 input/output error.
    That is usually means you have a drive issue, you may want to check your drive for errors.