I know this is a common problem. I've searched and searched for a solution but nothing has helped me.

I have a 5GHz WiFi network that I'd rather be on because it allows me to reach higher speeds, but Ubuntu regularly boots me off the network and prompts me for the password. It's rather sporadic and inconsistent - sometimes I'll be randomly prompted for the network password, and sometimes it'll take it and reconnect me, or it'll prompt again a few seconds later, or it'll just boot me off entirely. This issue also occurs on a clean installation of Ubuntu.

Similar issues do not occur on other computers running other operating systems. I've discovered that I can delay the issue from occurring by rebooting my router, but it will only be okay for a day or two before Ubuntu starts kicking me off the network again. This issue does not occur on the 2.4GHz variant of my network. I don't recall all of the things that I've tried (and failed) to solve my issue, but I do recall disabling 802.11n in Ubuntu. Unsurprisingly, this did nothing to alleviate the problem.

I am not well-versed when it comes to using Linux and I usually don't understand how to carry out another user's instructions which is part of what made researching solutions so difficult. Can anyone help me out here? I've almost completely lost my patience with this rather ridiculous problem.