Thread: [Ubuntu Budgie] Unable to share application window to apps (google meet, discord)

Beans

[Ubuntu Budgie] Unable to share application window to apps (google meet, discord)

On 19.04 sharing application window in conferences worked perfectly.
    Now using the version 20.04 when I try to share just one window it doesn't work anywhere: I tried google meet, skype, zoom, hangouts, discord and microsoft teams. That happens both on the browser (tried chrome, chrome beta, chromium and firefox) and on the apps when available. Sharing the entire screen works.
    Using Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and my desktop is Ubuntu Budgie; my budgie-desktop --version: budgie-desktop 10.5.1

The budgie forum told me this is an application specific issue. Does anyone else have this issue or have any idea on how to solve it?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: [Ubuntu Budgie] Unable to share application window to apps (google meet, discord)

Wayland or X11 as the display server? Check before you login.

Previously Wayland had issues with screen captures. Don't know whether that is still an issue or not.

i don't use any of those conf apps. We use jitsi and it works well. Can't imagine it is different from any WebRTC solution..