Thread: Unable to Change Printer Driver in Ubuntu 20.04

Beans

Unable to Change Printer Driver in Ubuntu 20.04

I'm trying to get my printer setup on a fresh install of 20.04. In setttings, when I add my network printer (Samsung M287X), it is found and installs a default driver. I am able to print normally. I trying to swap out the printer driver ("Additional Printer Settings" > "Properties" > "Make and Model -Change") to install alternative drivers. This is necessary to enable some features such as two sided printing. When I click "Change" it attempts to search for drivers but comes unresponsive. This is something that I have done many times on previous versions of ubuntu. Anybody have an idea of what is happening here?

Thanks,

Bryan

Beans

Re: Unable to Change Printer Driver in Ubuntu 20.04

Quote Originally Posted by yetanotherbryan View Post
    I'm trying to get my printer setup on a fresh install of 20.04. In setttings, when I add my network printer (Samsung M287X), it is found and installs a default driver. I am able to print normally. I trying to swap out the printer driver ("Additional Printer Settings" > "Properties" > "Make and Model -Change") to install alternative drivers. This is necessary to enable some features such as two sided printing. When I click "Change" it attempts to search for drivers but comes unresponsive. This is something that I have done many times on previous versions of ubuntu. Anybody have an idea of what is happening here?

Thanks,

Bryan
    I'm also experiencing this bug when I upgraded to Xubuntu 20.04 this week, so I made a bug report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...r/+bug/1902858

Beans

To the person trying to change driver on your printer. I did it the old way by opening cups in a web page http://localhost:631 log in with what you log into Ubuntu. You can do a lot there. Have my Dymo 4XL working great

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

There is a Samsung printer/scanner driver found on HP support pages. I use it in order to have scanner support for a Samsung multifunction machine.