Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Install Linux driver for expansion card

Beans

Re: Install Linux driver for expansion card

Very helpful to know that the drivers are built in to Linux. When I investigated elsewhere, I didn't stumble across this info, this is the first time I'm hearing it. I am sorry the people who sell the PCIE cards don't just say "supported in Linux". I would not have struggled to find drivers and look for ways to load them. But it looks like it's all working fine. I will link to my Pastebin file where "lsusb -t" shows that both cards are active in 2.0 and 3.0. Thanks to folks on this forum for giving me the clues I needed to discover the truth, it's all working fine.

I hope this is how this works, here is a url for my paste in PasteBin: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/wc9c8HtrWD/

Beans

Hi deadflowr,
    Thank you for this question. It helped me to find the information that ultimately showed that my two expansion cards are working. The other commands that I found helpful were: "lsusb -t" and "lsusb -v". After pulling the cards, reviewing system data, inserting a flash drive to show which device was supporting it, I was able to identify usb buses from these cards and show that they are working fine. The problem was my ignorance and I am grateful for the help that educated me.
    Levde

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by levde View Post
    Hi deadflowr,
    Thank you for this question. It helped me to find the information that ultimately showed that my two expansion cards are working. The other commands that I found helpful were: "lsusb -t" and "lsusb -v". After pulling the cards, reviewing system data, inserting a flash drive to show which device was supporting it, I was able to identify usb buses from these cards and show that they are working fine. The problem was my ignorance and I am grateful for the help that educated me.
    Levde
    Well, me among others ready to help.
    If you've found the issues at hand have been satisfied please mark this thread as solved,
    so that others may benefit.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12