Thread: Unable to install Ubuntu 20.04

Beans

Unhappy Unable to install Ubuntu 20.04

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-23 at 6.35.06 AM(1).jpgWhatsApp Image 2020-05-23 at 6.35.06 AM(2).jpgWhatsApp Image 2020-05-23 at 6.35.06 AM.jpg

Hi, I'm unable to install Ubuntu 20.04. Problem occurs when installing bootloader. I'm attaching the images of occurred error.

Please help me.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Unable to install Ubuntu 20.04

is /dev/sda been previously formated ? which kind of installation is it ?

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation

Beans

There are a number of reasons you could get that error but it won't be possible to help without more information. Start by indicating the manufacturer and age of the computer. Also, does or did this machine have any other OS installed and if so, what was it? Which installation option did you use? You don't indicate any other OS so did you use the Erase disk and install Ubuntu option?

Beans

Thanks for the replies. I kinda busy with work sorry for delayed response . It's Lenovo G580 2014 with a ssd wd 240gb green and 500gb hdd. Previously solus 4 was installed and I messed up with boot 000 sector I think and I do not know exactly what I have done. I tried to install a fresh ubuntu 20.04 with option Erase entire disk.

Please help me
    Thanks
    Last edited by prasadchalasani2; 1 Week Ago at 12:26 PM.

Beans

In the first image, you show and EFI partitiion which is mounted at /target/boot, that's wrong as it needs to be /boot/efi as the mount point.
    You root filesystem partition is mounted at /target which is also wrong, it should be / so the first thing to do is to change those mount points or try to reinstall with the correct mount points.