Thread: 20.04 Boots up with wrong user, NOT admin

Beans

20.04 Boots up with wrong user, NOT admin

I've never seen this before, after doing a "sudo shutdown -r now" or a reboot as root, the result is my wife's account comes up. Check the user accts and I'm still the admin. I was playing with Virtual box, wanting to speed in up. When starting MS 10, I received an error about AMD-V disabled in BIOS, hence a restart. Everything I change in VB was put back. I should have not touch anything to day. LOL

I just installed 20.04 yesterday.

Beans

Re: 20.04 Boots up with wrong user, NOT admin

I rebooted and did an autoremove, several files were removed. A reboot allowed the prompts to stop and edit boot etc; however, the non admin acct is still displayed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Is your wife's account set to autologin without password? If so it's doing what it has been told to do. There's no "reboot as root", there's just reboot. Set as it should, i.e., no autologin, it'll reboot to the greeter where users choose their own account and login with their password.

In any case, this has nothing to do with Virtualbox or virtualizaton. "AMD-V disabled in BIOS" is exactly what it says, a BIOS/UEFI setting that should be enabled for virtualization.

Beans

Thank you for the help. I realized the VB was something all together a different problem.