Thread: Bluetooth is disconnecting wifi

Beans

Bluetooth is disconnecting wifi

Hi,
    I am running 18.04.4 LTS on a Dell Inspiron N7110 and I seem to have a problem with using bluetooth. I have twice attempted to use my bluetooth headphones with my laptop. Both times, it has caused me to lose my wifi connection. I have tried disconnecting the headphones, turning off bluetooth, restarting, and restarting in recovery mode but nothing seems to fix it. The first time that this happened, I just gave up and reinstalled the OS but I would prefer a better fix. Tonight, I connected it to the router via ethernet cable so that I could run the wireless-info script. For the first few minutes, it would not recognise that a cable was plugged in, even though the information for the wired network would show up in the connection information. After a few minutes, it suddenly started connecting and now is is going back and forth between wired and wireless.

Of possible relevance, when I hover over the bluetooth icon, it says that I am connected to 1 device even though I am not (my headphones are turned off and it has never been connected to anything else).

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere else, I am trying to be as quick as possible in case I lose my connection again.

I have the results from wireless-info but it is too big to attach and I don't think that I am supposed to paste that much. How should I share my results? I have attached the tar.gz file but I don't know if it will work.

Thank you for any suggestions!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Bluetooth is disconnecting wifi

Thread moved to Networking & Wireless.

Beans

Re: Bluetooth is disconnecting wifi

Fixed by turning off the bluetooth and wireless coexistence.
    https://askubuntu.com/questions/6450.../645072#645072