Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Right click, hold and release.

Beans

Right click, hold and release.

Is there any way to turn off the right-click hold and release "feature" in Ubuntu? It's really bugging me because it seems to constantly happen even when I don't mean for it to happen. Perhaps it's just too much coffee on my end but I would really rather not have this feature at all if possible.

Beans

Re: Right click, hold and release.

Can you elaborate a little? Not sure what you are referring to.

Beans

Sure. I think it's just an Ubuntu feature, but I could be wrong. If you right click and hold a target such as my user name. Then highlight one of the options in the drop down list that appears: then release. It treats that action as if you simply clicked the highlighted option.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

You mean that if you right-click and let go the options don't stay put?

Beans

No you right-click and hold a link and an options list will pop up. For instance, right-click your user name. A list of options will pop up: Open Link in New Tab, Open Link in New Window, Open Link in New Private Window... etc You don't have to right click and then left click one of those options in order to use them. You can: right-click and hold, then highlight, then release and it will follow the link.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I don't have Ubuntu installed, but where exactly are you right-clicking username?

Beans

Your user name is VMC. If you right click it you will see a list pop up.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by vysero View Post
    Your user name is VMC. If you right click it you will see a list pop up.
    So, you're referring to the forum username in a member's profile. Why did you not make this clear to start with?

This has nothing to do with Ubuntu. It is a function of your browser. Nevertheless, I've moved this thread to Forum Feedback & Help.
    Last edited by coffeecat; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:49 PM.
    Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Hidden!

I am as baffled as I think everyone else is; why do you find this a problem?

Right clicking is a pretty standard, maybe almost universal way, to bring up a context menu, be it on a link in a web-browser or just in the middle of a page in a web-browser, or even in a LibreOffice page.
    What is the difficulty with this? Why do you keep seeing this; presumably you must keep pressing the right hand button on mouse or touchpad?

Or maybe you have a hardware problem of some sort?
    Last edited by ajgreeny; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:04 PM.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 20.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo --- Wireless-Info --- SolvedThreads

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Using Firefox. I right click my name or anyone else's name and let go. The option stayed up. What browser are you using?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast