Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: music folder owner is root

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: music folder owner is root

For music organization, I use easytag and follow the genre/artist/album/NN-Title.xxx method. Easytag can take the directory structure and create id3 tags or it can take the id3 tags and create the directory structure.

If clementine is a snap, you can check that using snap list. I'm not a fan of snaps that limit any media access for programs that routinely access videos, audio files, images. Hopefully the clementine snap creator allows access to other areas. There is a command, something like:
    Code:
    snap connect clementine:removable-media
    Hopefully, that will work. If the package allows the removable-media connection, then any storage under /mnt/ or /media/ should be accessible.

It is worth reading whatever Morbius1 writes. I didn't see his post when I wrote my how-to-mount post.
    Last edited by TheFu; May 19th, 2020 at 04:44 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Morbius1 View Post
    You seem to be doing whatever the last person who responds suggests. Since I will never know what state you are in in any given moment I suspect the root cause of this problem:

Is because Rhythmbox comes from the normal Ubuntu repositories whereas Clementine is downloaded as a snap.

Google is your friend here. Good Luck.
    Sorry Morbius, I did not intend to upset you, just willing to accept help from people who know more than me.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by TheFu View Post
    For music organization, I use easytag and follow the genre/artist/album/NN-Title.xxx method. Easytag can take the directory structure and create id3 tags or it can take the id3 tags and create the directory structure.

If clementine is a snap, you can check that using snap list. I'm not a fan of snaps that limit any media access for programs that routinely access videos, audio files, images. Hopefully the clementine snap creator allows access to other areas. There is a command, something like:
    Code:
    snap connect clementine:removable-media
    Hopefully, that will work. If the package allows the removable-media connection, then any storage under /mnt/ or /media/ should be accessible.

It is worth reading whatever Morbius1 writes. I didn't see his post when I wrote my how-to-mount post.
    I have been reading everything Morbius1 writes, he seams to be in a grump because I did what you suggested. I can see his point, though it is not as if I don't believe him.

Beans

Many thanks to everyone who offered help, esp. Morbius and the Fu. The last suggestion "
    snap connect clementine:removable-media" allowed clementine to populate the library. Problem sorted, thank you folks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

IF solved, please use the THREAD TOOLS button above the first post to help the community. Stops people from wasting their time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123