Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Updated to 18.04 .. phpmyadmin updated, overwrote local config. help?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Updated to 18.04 .. phpmyadmin updated, overwrote local config. help?

Your WordPress is not horribly out of date so it should not be a compatibility issue with the app itself.

Now we need to see if the php mod is enabled. What does this command show?

Code:
    ls -l /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php*
    If it does not show php7.2.conf, then you need to enable it using this command:

Code:
    sudo a2enmod php7.2
    sudo systemctl restart apache2
    EDIT: Also, I am assuming you are accessing the site in a browser using http:// instead of files://

Beans
    Hidden!

OHHHH SNAPPPPPP!!!!!
    Guess whos back online!!!

yeah dude, not only was your assumption of how to fix it was right.. but yeah, i was accessing everything via http://

I kinda had a hunch last night when i noticed php wasnt in the mods enabled section. but i was super gunshy about flipping that switch and watch it wipe it all out.. hehehe..

I'm back in.. and the first thing i'm doing is a backup. thanx again!

Beans
    Hidden!

Brilliant!
    Please mark as SOLVED from the Thread tools up top; it's a great help to users searching the forums.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 20.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo --- Wireless-Info --- SolvedThreads

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Awesome to hear.

Make sure your backup includes the following and make sure it is copied someplace other than that machine:

• mysqldump of all databases
    • export the users/privileges (because the individual databases do not contain user info except "mysql" which is not something you always want/can import)
    • Backup config files in /etc
    • Backup your private/public SSL certificates
    • Backup your web files in /var/www

Once you have a good backup, upgrade your wordpress plugins/themes if have any, then upgrade wordpress according to their recommendations.

Keep an eye out for Ubuntu Server 20.04.1 LTS (1st point release) and prepare for upgrading to that version. Again, I recommend setting up a virtual machine on your PC with 20.04 on it and get a working copy on the upgraded platform before attempting to do on a physical box (so you always have the experience/data to pull from...and in a dire emergency, can re-direct traffic to your VM. LoL

LHammonds

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123