Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Updated to 18.04 .. phpmyadmin updated, overwrote local config. help?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Updated to 18.04 .. phpmyadmin updated, overwrote local config. help?

If you see the underlying code in WordPress rather than the rendered page, you are most likely missing the libapache2-mod-php module.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    If you see the underlying code in WordPress rather than the rendered page, you are most likely missing the libapache2-mod-php module.
    But if he is missing that, he will likely be missing other required modules...thus the need to know what version of apache he is running along with the version of PHP and WordPress.

Beans
    Hidden!

sorry. i was running ubuntu server 12 lts with a LAMP stack that was succesfully updated to 16.04lts and was running that for years. ran the dist-upgrade over the weekend and thats when i found the php sites didnt work
    phpmyadmin and wordpress .. but thanks to you guys i can see the databases are still there.
    Ill see if i can find a how to on that apache module

Beans
    Hidden!

is there an easy command that will spit out what versions of apache (2 im guessing) php and likely wordpress 5 sites

apache2 -v
    php -v
    answered my own q.
    Last edited by nyktovus; May 21st, 2020 at 04:59 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Found some info on what its running now..

Server version: Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu)
    Server built: 2020-03-13T12:26:16

PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.4 (cli) (built: Apr 8 2020 15:45:57) ( NTS )
    Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v3.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.4, Copyright (c) 1999-2018, by Zend Technologies

is there anyway i can figure out what versions were running when it was on 16.04LTS? or does that even matter now?

Beans
    Hidden!

ok acording to /etc/apache2/mods-available/

there are php5.conf and php5.load
    as well as php7.2.conf and .load

neither of which are enables in mods-enabled/

Beans
    Distro

Ok, that helps me identify which commands need to be run.

These are the commands I run on a clean server in preparation to run a wordpress site on Ubuntu 18.04 (reference link):

Code:
    apt-get -y install libapache2-mod-php7.2 php7.2-mysql php-ssh2 php7.2-tidy php7.2-curl
    apt-get -y install php7.2-gd php7.2-xmlrpc php7.2-pspell php-imagick php7.2-imap php7.2-xsl
    phpenmod imap
    phpenmod json
    systemctl restart apache2
    You probably have several of these already installed but shouldn't hurt what you already have.

Once that is done, see if the web page will load. If not, the next step is to see what version of wordpress you are running.

One method (iirc) to see what you have from the command line is to look at a "version.php" file...under the wp-includes folder...I think. Open it with an editor and look near the top (should not need to scroll down) for an indication as to what version it is.

If you have not updated it recently, it is probably a good time to do so but FIRST, you need to have a good backup of your database and website files. We can discuss more after you do these steps first. Priority is to get the site running....then we can look at making backups and upgrading.

LHammonds
    Last edited by LHammonds; May 21st, 2020 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Forgot to specify restart of apache for changes to take effect

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

BTW, using the lamp-server package will avoid all these issues. It will install Apache, MySQL, and PHP and any interstitial software needed.

Code:
    sudo apt install lamp-server^
    The tilde ("^") is required.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    BTW, using the lamp-server package will avoid all these issues. It will install Apache, MySQL, and PHP and any interstitial software needed.

Code:
    sudo apt install lamp-server^
    The tilde ("^") is required.
    Except we don't know if he is running MySQL or MariaDB and don't want to hose up his database install.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by LHammonds View Post
    Ok, that helps me identify which commands need to be run.

These are the commands I run on a clean server in preparation to run a wordpress site on Ubuntu 18.04 (reference link):

Code:
    apt-get -y install libapache2-mod-php7.2 php7.2-mysql php-ssh2 php7.2-tidy php7.2-curl
    apt-get -y install php7.2-gd php7.2-xmlrpc php7.2-pspell php-imagick php7.2-imap php7.2-xsl
    phpenmod imap
    phpenmod json
    systemctl restart apache2
    You probably have several of these already installed but shouldn't hurt what you already have.

Once that is done, see if the web page will load. If not, the next step is to see what version of wordpress you are running.

One method (iirc) to see what you have from the command line is to look at a "version.php" file...under the wp-includes folder...I think. Open it with an editor and look near the top (should not need to scroll down) for an indication as to what version it is.

If you have not updated it recently, it is probably a good time to do so but FIRST, you need to have a good backup of your database and website files. We can discuss more after you do these steps first. Priority is to get the site running....then we can look at making backups and upgrading.

LHammonds

ok.. i ran those commands you listed.. and still the wordpress sites show only

Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * Front to the WordPress application. This file doesn't do anything, but loads
     * wp-blog-header.php which does and tells WordPress to load the theme.
     * @package WordPress
     */

/**
     * Tells WordPress to load the WordPress theme and output it.
     * @var bool
     */
    define( 'WP_USE_THEMES', true );

/** Loads the WordPress Environment and Template */
    require( dirname( __FILE__ ) . '/wp-blog-header.php' );

As for the wordpress version its
    $wp_version = '5.2.6';
    I really appreciate the help..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast