Thread: installation ways

Beans

installation ways

Hi , how can i install ubuntu without an usb drive or dvd? I tried also Unetbootin but when i reboot an error appears everytime.(cant start operating system,something like that) Is there another way to do it?

Beans

Re: installation ways

What external media options do you have? Your system will have USB ports... Why can't you use those?

Beans

i have only an android phone except my laptop , i tried to root it for use as a usb device but it fails. I dont have any option other than that

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Is there someone from whom you could borrow a USB flash drive just to install Ubuntu?

Alternatively you can surely find a small USB flash drive to buy online for just a very small sum; you only need a 4GB drive for installing.

Beans

ok thanks i've got it, i've just trying to find out is there any other way, looks like i'll find an usb memory

Beans
    Hidden!

There are many unorthodox ways to install Ubuntu or any other Linux/Unix distro. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation

Not many people are using this methods - most likely - that's why the documentation is outdated.

Beans

You haven't posted much information so it's hard to suggest anything. If you have a current Linux OS installed it is a simple matter of downloading the new Linux iso, creating a menuentry in the /boot/grub/grub.cfg file and booting it. If you don't have a Linux installed that of course is not possible. Unetbootin has (had) an option to put the Linux live extracted iso on a hard drive partition and after doing that, you should have seen a boot entry in the windows menu. Is this the option you used w/unetbootin that failed? A lot simpler to get a usb/dvd.