Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What is your fav DE (desktop environment) or WM (window managers)

Beans

Red face Re: What is your fav DE (desktop environment) or WM (window managers)

My favourite desktop environment is GNOME and KDE. I like GNOME because of the Activities overview button. KDE for it's configure-ness.

Btw, I use vanilla Ubuntu with some minor tweaks

Beans

Re: What is your fav DE (desktop environment) or WM (window managers)

XFCE (Xubuntu) for me. I really appreciate the stability. They don't change things just for the sake of change, so I don't have to re-learn how to do things every release.

I have window buttons along the top with the option to put a square round the window when I hover over the button. This makes bringing a hidden window to the front really easy. I find my spacial memory is very good and I know where each window is, so just waving the mouse over the row of buttons until the a square appears in the right place is quick and easy. No need to read the titles. Very good if you have multiple terminal windows open. I haven't seen people mention this feature, but I use it a lot.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I'm a big fan of LXDE. It's insanely fast on modern hardware and it gets out of my way when I want to get something done. It's also easy to modify and make it look good.
    So long and thanks for all the fish! Learn some Linux Tips!

Beans

LXQt and i3-wm here, dislike gnome3 and mate.
    Tried XFCE4 but didn't like the composite that comes with it.

Beans

I'm still getting nostalgic feelings over gnome2 in its final days. Mate has come a long way since then, but still is a bit rough around the edges in comparison. Didn't like unity, hated gnome3, couldn't get warm with XFCE. Haven't tried KDE for ages, but didn't like it back then.

Beans

I've daily driven Gnome2, Gnome3, and now KDE. I miss the old days of compiz, kiba dock, fire effects etc... But I really couldn't go back. Using Mate is a jarring experience, and I could never get used to Unity. I don't have any issues with cinnamon or XFCE, but I've really come to enjoy KDE. Been using Neon as my distro for a few years now and it's my go-to.

Beans

xubuntu here ,cause it's stable, very customisable and runs like a bat outa hell on my 1945 pc

Beans

Again, Xubuntu because it's stable, customisable, fast, and they don't keep making changes just for the sake of change. It's reliable.

Beans
    Hidden!

XFCE4 for me it is light weight convent. I like the looks of KDE plasma. GNOME Unity i never did get used to it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456