Thread: Airplane Mode is On and can't change ir

Beans

Airplane Mode is On and can't change ir

Guys,

I am not new to Unix flavored systems because as part of my job I do a lot of work on these systems. But two days back I installed Ubuntu 20.04 on my laptop alongside Windows 10. As I logged in I saw that the Airplane Mode was on. I tried to switch it off but it was not possible. I also saw that I was unable to switch on the WiFi. The built-in Wireless Adapter (from Railink) is no longer working because of some hardware malfunction and so I use an external Wireless Adapter by Leoxsys. The adapter works very well with Windows but with Ubuntu it is no longer working and this initial problems are making me go back to Windows which I hate to do so. I want to stay put on Linux and enjoy the great features it offers. Kindly let me know what all information do you need from me so that you may be able to give some solution to my problem. I tried a lot of posts in the forum but none of them worked. Kindly help me out.

Regards,
    Arthur.

Beans

Re: Airplane Mode is On and can't change ir

Guys,
    Sorry to say this but I am disappointed that none of the experts responded to my post. So uninstalling Ubuntu and going back to Windows. Thanks anyways guys.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

You've probably gone now, but all you had to do was to bump your thread every 12-24 hours. That way you bring it up to the top and show that you have continuing interest. Unanswered threads more than 24 hours old tend to be ignored because of the number of drive-bys we get - people who ask a question and then are never seen again. You left your thread for more than four days before posting again.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Now that I have bumped the thread again may I expect a response now. I suppose a newbie needs more care than this. Anyways thanks for your response, at least I got one.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Welcome to the forum.

This is a volunteer forum, almost all end users much like yourself. It is a community. You should not "expect" anything. However, we have many knowledgable people in the membership who are prepared to go out of their way to help. Hopefully someone with the appropriate skills will be able to help. In order to help others to help you, you need to provide some information. Please read this sticky: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=370108 .

Good luck!
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Thanks sir, it was my mistake that I expected something from the experts. Anyways thanks for your response.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

See the wireless script link in my signature and post results