Thread: Ubuntu 20.4 is not working properly

Beans

Ubuntu 20.4 is not working properly

Since few days I am facing bunch of problems with Ubuntu and I am not at all happy with this os .

1 . Earlier I used Ubuntu 18.04 os and I faced a wired problem where the cursor was freezing and I was unable to do any operation. I thought upgrading os will solve the problem . So I upgraded to Ubuntu 19.10

2 . Ubuntu 19.10 solved the problem of cursor freezing . But again new problems started even with 19.10 version . I used to see new guest account created automatically even though I did not create them . Videos in Facebook did not play and I was using Firefox browser .

3 . I upgraded to Ubuntu 20.4 yesterday and again new problem started. My wifi keeps getting disconnected automatically.

If Ubuntu can’t provide a proper and reliable os for free then better make it a paid service .

How many versions of Ubuntu will be released in future ?
    I am tired of upgrading to newer versions of Ubuntu .

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Ubuntu 20.4 is not working properly

What warnings/errors you get from 'journalctl -b' ?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Upgrading from one version which had problems to another is never a good idea as the problems are likely to be carried over.

Try running a live system to see if that still has the same problem, which would point to a hardware problem of some sort.

Beans

It is also nice to give computer make and model and any specs you know. Ubuntu can have problems with some hardware that needs specific setting/s. One of my computers used a baytrail cpu that would go to total freeze, one setting change fixed it.

Beans

I am providing details of my PC . Please see the screenshot .

Please someone send me settings for my browser , so that I can play videos in facebook .
    I already discussed this issue in firefox but no help provided . The same browser in different OS is able to play videos in facebook .
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1285594

Also Wifi keeps getting disconnected
    I followed this instructions in this website
    https://www.quora.com/Why-does-my-Wi...Ubuntu?share=1
    but that didnot help me .

Also Please tell me how to enable laptop mode for ubuntu .
    Attached Images Attached Images