Thread: 16.04 vs 20.04 Faults

Beans

16.04 vs 20.04 Faults

I have a fresh install of 20.04, which I've used for 2 weeks. Although I think the speed is better, I have other "faults" that annoy me.

1. Although set for auto login, it does not.
    2. Bluetooth must be turned on at boot putting to sleep and resuming.
    3. Does not remember display resolution

16.04 does not have any of these problems, except when resuming it tells me my password is not right. I must go into the settings, the first time it happened, and disable all password requests from suspend/hibernation.

I think that, in my case, that 16.04 is better than 20.04

Comments or suggestion?

Al Smith

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: 16.04 vs 20.04 Faults

Are you looking for support for your specific issues, or just comments?
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

I guess, maybe a combination of the two. I'm playing with going back to 16.04. I'm not sure if that's the right thing to do. I was wondering if anyone else had the same observations as I.

Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

No. Going back to 16.04 would not be the thing to do. It has less than a year of support left.

Please start an individual thread requesting support for each of the issue you have described. Don't put several issues in the same thread, because that becomes confusing very quickly -- both for you and for those who are trying to help.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Hidden!

And so we know what hardware you are running show us the output of inxi -Fzx in terminal.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 20.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo --- Wireless-Info --- SolvedThreads