Summary of myself concerning Ubuntu:
I am fairly new to Ubuntu and pretty much usually stick to scouring the web for the answers to all my problems. I have looked up down and sideways for anything and everything I can find regarding this topic. I have been installing Ubuntu onto my laptops for about a few months now. I absolutely love Ubuntu for a number of reasons and these reasons make Ubuntu on laptops my favorite choice. 1. Missing something? There is some simple code to fix that. 2. Have a dedicated graphics card and hate fidiling with windows to try to get your games and apps to use it? Ubuntu will let you use your dedicated graphics for everything. 3. Getting really low battery life? Ubuntu has extended every single laptops battery life that I have used by 50% or more. 4. Computer feeling a little sluggish or using up too much RAM? Ubuntu makes everything feel snappy.
Problem:
The problem I have encountered is I am using a Samsung Series 7 laptop and the keyboard backlight is just not working. The model number is NP740U3m-K01US and I have upgraded a few things in this laptop. Specs: CPU: i5-7200u RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SATA SSD and Samsung 970 Evo Plus 512GB NVME SSD. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be amazing thanks!