Thread: after today's updates to 20.04, Wi-Fi is dropping: can that ID problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

after today's updates to 20.04, Wi-Fi is dropping: can that ID problem?

I installed Lubuntu 20.04 on my laptop a couple days ago--a complete clean install, not an upgrade. Today, April 30, around 04:00 UTC/GMT (plus or minus an hour), I was prompted to download an upgrade by the auto-updating program, so I did that. Since getting that upgrade, my Wi-Fi has been dropping. Before the upgrade, I only had one issue with Wi-Fi, and I had some USB issue at the same time. So, this seems to be a different issue.

(1) Can't tell for sure, but maybe the Wi-Fi is dropped after the computer has been idle for a few minutes... but maybe it just happens randomly. I can't tell because I am often going back and forth between Lubuntu 20.04 laptop and a tablet.

(2) When the connection is lost, the nm-tray shows the signal from the router, but it shows that the signal is very weak, and it won't try to connect. (However, the signal is not weak: the computer is next to the router, and normally has very strong signal.)

(3) The problem can be resolved by re-starting the computer, but each time I have re-started, the connection has eventually been dropped again.

With the above description and time of updating, is it possible to say what is causing the problem? Can developers pinpoint and fix it in a future update?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: after today's updates to 20.04, Wi-Fi is dropping: can that ID problem?

Since I posted this, I have had no more issues with W-Fi. Ironical. Marking "solved."