Thread: 20.04 Save working configuration and make it default configuration for next boot

Beans

20.04 Save working configuration and make it default configuration for next boot

I installed focal fossa a week before its release, updated it. Boot issues relate to graphics card / monitor, and there are related display issues such as overlapping/corrupt graphics, unavailable processing power etc. However, intermittently the boot sequence leads to a 1024 resolution and some other configuration settings which results in a clean, working desktop environment. While I try to troubleshoot the graphics card / monitor and bios issues on this 12 year old hardware, is there a way of "freezing" the working configuration / "saving" this 'last-known good' configuration and ensure that the computer boots in the exact boot sequence that worked on this boot instance? I am on this clean desktop environment at the moment.

Thank you.
    Last edited by s1van; April 28th, 2020 at 05:41 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: 20.04 Save working configuration and make it default configuration for next boot