Thread: Unable to Post After Updating Forum Email

Beans
    Hidden!

Unable to Post After Updating Forum Email

I haven't been receiving email notifications when a new post is made to one of my subscribed threads, so after reading the stickies on SSO logins, I updated my Forum email address so that it matches my Ubuntu One email address, and now I am unable to post due to the "you do not have permission to access this page" message.

I have not received a confirmation email to the old (Forum) email address or the email address for my Ubuntu One account after changing my Forum email address, so that may be the problem. Please help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Unable to Post After Updating Forum Email

The email is probably in your spam folder of the new email address you used, I have made the necessary changes so you should now be able to post, the issue of not receiving notices had nothing to do with your email address not matching your Ubuntu One email address, it is an issue that has been going on for some time now, sometimes users receive them sometimes they do not including myself and then sometimes I receive them 24 hours later, there is noting we can do about it but hope Canonical fixes it.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Unable to Post After Updating Forum Email

Thank you @wildmanne39! I can post again.

I checked my spam folder before posting here, and I've got nothing there. It must have gone into whatever black hole the others have. I hope Canonical fixes it too.

Thanks again.