Thread: Fossa Intel wireless n7260 software&updates/additional drivers state device error

Beans

Fossa Intel wireless n7260 software&updates/additional drivers state device error

Hello everyone - just installed 20.04LTS and am loving it already of course.
    Poking around in the software&updates/additional drivers - I get the notification that my Intel wireless 7260 (dual band n-7260) isnt working.... however I can connect wirelessly on 2.4 and also 5ghz... my bluetooth is also working. Any ideas why it should be flagged as not working???
    lshw -C network shows ethernet & wireless....
    Any of you knowledgeable people any ideas?
    Last edited by alexukalex; April 24th, 2020 at 09:54 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Fossa Intel wireless n7260 software&updates/additional drivers state device error

The intel drivers have been moved to the Kernel and there is not longer any driver to install with addition driver tool. So I'm guessing it can find a working driver and thus thinks the card is not working. If it working fine I wouldn't worry much about it.
    Wireless script
    Dave
    Registered Linux User #462608
    Morse Code an early Digital Mode.

Beans

Re: Fossa Intel wireless n7260 software&updates/additional drivers state device error

Thanks for the reply Dave, great work on the kernel then. Focal Fossa is great so far.