Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid error wrong driver sound.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Stupid error wrong driver sound.

Yesterday I need to test a webcam on ubuntu and the webcam have much noisy sound cant understand nothing on MIC.
    I think that the probem is the driver of sound and install a wrong driver on the kernelhttps://www.realtek.com/en/component...odecs-software

Code:
    lspci00:00.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 1566
    00:02.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 156b
    00:02.1 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 16h Processor Functions 5:1
    00:02.2 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 16h Processor Functions 5:1
    00:02.4 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 16h Processor Functions 5:1
    00:08.0 Encryption controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 1537
    00:10.0 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH USB XHCI Controller (rev 11)
    00:11.0 SATA controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 40)
    00:12.0 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH USB EHCI Controller (rev 39)
    00:13.0 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH USB EHCI Controller (rev 39)
    00:14.0 SMBus: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH SMBus Controller (rev 42)
    00:14.2 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH Azalia Controller (rev 02)
    00:14.3 ISA bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH LPC Bridge (rev 11)
    00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 1580
    00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 1581
    00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 1582
    00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 1583
    00:18.4 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 1584
    00:18.5 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 1585
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK208 [GeForce GT 710B] (rev a1)
    01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GK208 HDMI/DP Audio Controller (rev a1)
    02:00.0 USB controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1142 USB 3.1 Host Controller
    03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 11)
    Now I have aproblem only with one of my kernels, He dont detect any sound card, but if I login with other kernel everithing is ok.

Anyone can help me to solve the problem on the kernel affected, with a help of the configuration module or file that I need to edit or copy to solve the poblem on the affected kernel?
    Last edited by Portaro; April 23rd, 2020 at 03:13 PM. Reason: code instead of quote tags
    Ubuntu with me & me with Ubuntu! my GNU/Linux https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DerivativeTe.../Flavitu-Linux

Beans

Re: Stupid error wrong driver sound.

1. Boot into the kernel with no sound.
    2. Remove the Realtek drivers by running make uninstall in the appropriate directory. For example, if you used your Downloads folder:
    Code:
    cd ~/Downloads/Rt-Linux-HDaudio-5.18/alsa-driver-RTv5.18/alsa
    sudo make uninstall
    3. Reinstall the linux-modules packages:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install --reinstall linux-modules-`uname -r` linux-modules-extra-`uname -r`
    4. Reboot.

Beans
    Distro

Thanks for your help , unfornately I use a Liquorix Kernel and for some reason cant find linux modules.

Code:
    $ sudo apt-get install --reinstall linux-modules-`uname -r` linux-modules-extra-`uname -r`[sudo] password for joao: 
    A ler as listas de pacotes... Pronto
    A construir árvore de dependências       
    A ler a informação de estado... Pronto
    Note, a seleccionar 'linux-image-4.10.0-14.1-liquorix-amd64' em vez de 'linux-modules-4.10.0-14.1-liquorix-amd64'
    E: Não foi possível encontrar o pacote linux-modules-extra-4.10.0-14.1-liquorix-amd64 ← cant find the package.
    E: Não foi possível encontrar o pacote através da expressão regular 'linux-modules-extra-4.10.0-14.1-liquorix-amd64' ← cant find the package
    This kernel runs very well on Ubuntu in past I have serious problems with default kernels provided for ubuntu and I find this way to continue use Ubuntu, really no idea what to do now maybe reinstall this kernel on synaptic method?

What you think?

Code:
    $ apt-cache search liquorixliquorix-archive-keyring - GnuPG archive keys of the liquorix archive
    liquorix-keyring - GnuPG keys of liquorix Developers
    linux-image-4.10.0-14.1-liquorix-amd64 - Linux 4.10 for 64-bit PCs
    linux-image-4.10.0-11.1-liquorix-amd64 - Linux 4.10 for 64-bit PCs
    linux-headers-liquorix-amd64 - Linux headers for liquorix on 64-bit PCs
    linux-image-liquorix-amd64 - Linux image for liquorix on 64-bit PCs
    linux-headers-4.10.0-11.1-liquorix-amd64 - Header files for Linux 4.10.0-11.1-liquorix-amd64
    liquorix-keyrings - Meta package to grab all useful GnuPG keys for liquorix
    linux-headers-4.10.0-14.1-liquorix-amd64 - Header files for Linux 4.10.0-14.1-liquorix-amd64
    Thanks.
    Last edited by slickymaster; April 22nd, 2020 at 06:11 PM. Reason: code instead of quote tags
    Ubuntu with me & me with Ubuntu! my GNU/Linux https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DerivativeTe.../Flavitu-Linux

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

@Portaro:

Please don't use quote tags when posting terminal output, use code tags instead.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Portaro View Post
    This kernel runs very well on Ubuntu in past I have serious problems with default kernels provided for ubuntu and I find this way to continue use Ubuntu, really no idea what to do now [B]maybe reinstall this kernel on synaptic method?
    It looks like liquorix doesn't split the modules to a separate package. So try reinstalling with this command:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install --reinstall linux-image-4.10.0-14.1-liquorix-amd64 linux-headers-4.10.0-14.1-liquorix-amd64

Beans
    Distro

Thanks for the help.
    Now I have other problems that arent connected to Ubuntu but with liquorix for some reason the repository that I use on Ubuntu is closed and my system is old → 14.04 so big problem here , no support so when I try to do what you suggest I have other errors.

Code:
    dpkg: erro ao processar o pacote liquorix-keyring (--configure):
     subprocesso script post-installation instalado retornou erro do status de saída 2
    Foram encontrados erros enquanto processava:
     liquorix-keyring
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I will proceed to liquorix forum to see if anyone can help me. If not I stay with the other kernel that is provided by ubuntu but with poor performance. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by slickymaster; April 23rd, 2020 at 09:31 AM. Reason: code tags

Beans
    Distro

If you have this problem - old Ubuntu with a extra kernel like liquorix and you want to reinstall it in the case of Liquorix you need to follow this steps →

Update the source repository by Liquorix team page instructions for old kernels (not all of them but some are present)
    Code:
    https://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home%3Astevenpusser%3Acodelite&package=liquorix
    Code:
    sudo sh -c "echo 'deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/stevenpusser:/codelite/xUbuntu_14.04/ /' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/home:stevenpusser:codelite.list"wget -nv https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:stevenpusser:codelite/xUbuntu_14.04/Release.key -O Release.key

sudo apt-key add - < Release.key

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install liquorix

(Or)
    sudo apt-get install linux-image-liquorix-amd64 linux-headers-liquorix-amd64 

(if in this step you have a error that return that the package
    can't be installed because obs version isnt in the version neede like in my case - (= 5.0-19~obs), change the command) →

sudo apt-get install linux-image-liquorix-amd64 && linux-headers-liquorix-amd64

(In case of 32 bits)
    sudo apt-get install linux-image-liquorix-i686 linux-headers-liquorix-i686

(With pae enabled)
    sudo apt-get install linux-image-liquorix-i686-pae linux-headers-liquorix-i686-pae

Ok, with this option you can have a method to access Liquorix kernel option to maintain on your old Ubuntu release, in my case 14.04.

In this PC this Kernel is more stable and give more performance that the kernels realeased by Ubuntu officially.

Thanks for all people that help me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Ok, with this option you can have a method to access Liquorix kernel option to maintain on your old Ubuntu release, in my case 14.04.
    Maintaining an En of Life, unsupported release, SHOULD NOT be an option, period. Your system is missing an year worth of security updates already.

In this PC this Kernel is more stable and give more performance that the kernels realeased by Ubuntu officially.
    Really? How did you came to that conclusion? Have you tested latter releases, namely the current 20.04?

Beans
    Distro

If my system are or not outdated isnt important for the problem in my case works well and if work dont touch.
    I antain a look on chkrootkit rkhunter and have a antivirus to use for windows usb etc.

Kernel Liquorix is better for my hardware and you only need a minute to see this, the pc is much more fast, and in task manager you can see differences of Ram up to 300 MB.

When I dont have Liquorix on 14 04 I think that this options dont represent big differences but when I try I see a system much more lithe. For example when I have this problem yesterday I pass to use other kernel a generic kernel by Ubuntu ad the system return with much more lag more seconds to open a window etc.

My hardware →
    CPU: AMD A4-6210 APU with AMD Radeon R3 Graphics @ 4x 1.8GHz [49.0°C]
    GPU: GeForce GT 710
    RAM: 1932MiB / 3641MiB

I pass most of time of Lubuntu 14.04 with Liquorix and when a user suggest me to use it kernel I dont have much assurance if this option are good and now I can't use this system with other kernel - big big difference.

The pc is this →
    https://www.asus.com/Tower-PCs/K20DA/

Maybe is a interesting post to Ubuntu developers in this case in my hardware there are notorious differences, and with the tests that I do with new live ISO of Lubuntu there are not differences of performance with a live of 14.04 so probably in new releases if you use liquorix on some hardware you have also better performance.
    Of Corse Ubuntu with gnome is much more slow compared with LXDE or Openbox on this type of machines of 2016.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Portaro View Post
    If my system are or not outdated isnt important for the problem in my case works well and if work dont touch.
    I antain a look on chkrootkit rkhunter and have a antivirus to use for windows usb etc.
    This is completely ignorant. Not having security updates in a computer connected to the internet IS A PROBLEM in itself. Only a very irresponsible user would think otherwise. There are known remote attack vectors for your system that haven't been patched and won't be ever patched, unless you have a payed support, which of course you don't have.

My hardware →
    CPU: AMD A4-6210 APU with AMD Radeon R3 Graphics @ 4x 1.8GHz [49.0°C]
    GPU: GeForce GT 710
    RAM: 1932MiB / 3641MiB
    So this old(ish) hardware is the reason for keeping an unsupported OS with a Frankenstein kernel? This is even more ignorant with surreal on top... AMD APUs are very well supported by any 4.xx and even better since 5.xx for newer APUs and the current Ryzen crop. For the AMD A4-6210 the original 4.15 kernel of Ubuntu 18.04 already has perfect support which hasn't improved in later versions. So, the exact same performance you think you're getting from the non-standard kernel would have been available with the HWE kernels of 14.04, i.e., any except the original LTS - 14.04.1 and all point releases since. Ubuntu 16.04 would have kept the exact same performance and is still supported, ditto for 18.04 and the current 20.04. And the GT710 is still supported by the newest driver but that driver cannot be installed in 14.04. And funnily there's ZERO mention of Nvidia drivers in your ramblings which suggests you never installed it?? That being THE thing that really makes a difference for performance, not installing it and complain about performance takes this surreal thread to a whole new level.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast