Thread: Bionicpup32 and Epson XP-352 printer issue

Beans

Bionicpup32 and Epson XP-352 printer issue

I have a fresh install of Bionicpup32 8.0 and I am having trouble getting it to print to my Epson Expression Home XP-352 355 Series colour inkjet printer.

download.ebz.epson.net

The printer works fine on a netbook running Lubuntu on an Ubuntu 18.04 platform same as Bionicpup32 using the same driver deb.

I used the CUPS installer webpage through PPM to install the driver. CUPS found the printer, and the driver was in the install menu.

I've tried ticking "Share this Printer" in CUPS and also tried both without and with the ppd file copied over from the netbook.

Everytime I have tried to print a Test Page I get an error "Filter Failed".

I have installed avahi-daemon and selected it to run at boot up in the Boot Services Menu, as I saw that suggested to someone else online, but it doesn't appear to be running after boot up.

The only other packages installed are LibreOffice and Thunderbird.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated as being a bit of a noob this has had me frustrated for a week. Otherwise Puppy looks like a very nice version of Ubuntu.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Re: Bionicpup32 and Epson XP-352 printer issue

FYI: Puppy Linux is not Ubuntu, nor a flavor of Ubuntu.

If you want a flavor of Ubuntu, they can be found at https://ubuntu.com/download/flavours

(they also mostly have Ubuntu in their name which is a huge clue, eg. Lubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Ubuntu-Budgie, Ubuntu-MATE, Ubuntu-Studio ... with only Kylin being an exception as its not english/latin based)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Moved to "Any other OS".
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

My bad, I thought they were related. Thanks for the move.