Thread: WPA PSK Wifi Not Working Via NetworkManager With 2015 MacBook Pro on 20.04

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

WPA PSK Wifi Not Working Via NetworkManager With 2015 MacBook Pro on 20.04

I recently installed the latest nightly of 20.04 on my mid-2015 MacBook Pro 15" (11,5 model). The WLAN card is the BCM43602, which has the id 14E4:0152. I've been trying many different things to get it to connect to a WPA2 wifi network using the gui (NetworkManager), but so far have not had any success. I can see the networks listed, but when I try to connect and enter my PSK, it eventually errors out and say I need to re-enter the PSK.

The strange thing though is that I can connect using wpa_supplicant. I can also connect using NetworkManager to open networks, just not ones using WPA-PSK (and not sure about WEP or WPA-Enterprise). I've used wpa_supplicant on the cli to connect manually to my network at home, and I configured netplan to use networkd as the renderer to connect to the network automatically. These both work just fine.

Anything obvious I should be looking at? The NetworkManager logs are unhelpful, as all it says is associating -> disconnected, repeatedly. I can post them if needed. dmesg mentions issues with loading firmware and that channels might be limited, however that seems like a false alert given that I can connect without issue using wpa_supplicant.

Thank you!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: WPA PSK Wifi Not Working Via NetworkManager With 2015 MacBook Pro on 20.04