Thread: Firefox Issue on Pop!_OS and Ubuntu 19.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Firefox Issue on Pop!_OS and Ubuntu 19.10

I'm running Ubuntu 18.4 on my Galago Pro Laptop, with Firefox Quantum 68.7 installed. Works great except that videos, and gifs don't play on all websites except You Tube.

The problem I'm having is with Pop!_OS 19.10 and Ubuntu 19.10. Both OS's install Firefox 75 and both OS's have the same problem, in that neither will play videos or gifs. However I installed Opera and it works perfectly, so I don't think it's an OS problem.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by stephanie-s; April 17th, 2020 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Update of issue

Beans
    Distro

Re: Firefox Issue on Pop!_OS and Ubuntu 19.10

Likely to do with your embedded content. This happens when I install Pop OS and try to browse Twitter.

Try this in your terminal:

Code:
    $ sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras
    Restart and let us know if you have more problems or mark this as solved for others. Good luck.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Firefox Issue on Pop!_OS and Ubuntu 19.10

Quote Originally Posted by EuclideanCoffee View Post
    Likely to do with your embedded content. This happens when I install Pop OS and try to browse Twitter.

Try this in your terminal:

Code:
    $ sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras
    Restart and let us know if you have more problems or mark this as solved for others. Good luck.
    Thanks, I tried that but it didn't work. I contacted System76 support and they gave me this and it worked.

Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install ffmpeg gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad  gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly gstreamer1.0-plugins-good libavcodec-extra  gstreamer1.0-libav chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra libdvd-pkg