Thread: Thread tools unavailable using Android tablet & Firefox

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Thread tools unavailable using Android tablet & Firefox

I was going to mark a recent thread as [SOLVED] using my antique Android tablet using Firefox and noticed that Thread Tools did not appear on my thread, even though I was signed in. Just thought I'd mention it in case it isn't just me.
    Reminder: If you start a thread asking for help with a problem, please remember to use the Thread Tools to mark the issue as "SOLVED" once you have a solution. This will help other people with the same problem when they search for answers.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Thread tools unavailable using Android tablet & Firefox

Are you using the standard view of the forum, ie, the orange bordered version or the mobile style?

You can change this from the dropdown menu box at the bottom if necessary.

I have just tested this on my tablet and it does seem likely that you are using mobile style as I can find few of those things in that style so scroll to the bottom and choose "Full view"
    Last edited by ajgreeny; April 12th, 2020 at 09:07 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Lately I have also experienced some changes when accessing Ubuntuforum from Chrome on an Iphone.

I'm not logged in, just reading posts.

Until recently I could click the hyperlink shown in blue on the picture and get a menu with the option to jump one step up, in this case to General Help. Now the menu displays only briefly and disappears in less than a second.

I'm reading the default site, that is not 'full site'.

Does anyone else see the same?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

@ajgreeny - You’re right; my 2am forum foray found me too sleepy to realize I was on the mobile site. I will say that I don’t comprehend the necessity for a different UI for mobile vs PC site. Modern smartphones have all the capabilities of a PC nowadays; it seems redundant to have a different UI.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by MoebusNet View Post
    @ajgreeny - You’re right; my 2am forum foray found me too sleepy to realize I was on the mobile site. I will say that I don’t comprehend the necessity for a different UI for mobile vs PC site. Modern smartphones have all the capabilities of a PC nowadays; it seems redundant to have a different UI.
    I agree.

I never use the "mobile" version but did try it just to see if that was the case.

You can switch to that view on a desktop or laptop if you wish to, but the question is, why would anybody want to?