Thread: Internet loss, Slowness, & Cutoffs Due to Kernel 5.4

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Internet loss, Slowness, & Cutoffs Due to Kernel 5.4

Ubuntu 20.04's kernel 5.4 causes internet Slowness, cutoffs & internet loss. Can you guys have canonical fix that please?

PS: It's not my router nor my ISP, it's kernel 5.4 causing the issue In 20.04.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Internet loss, Slowness, & Cutoffs Due to Kernel 5.4

The best you can do is to discuss the problem in the development forum. If needed people there can help you file a bug report.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Internet loss, Slowness, & Cutoffs Due to Kernel 5.4

Quote Originally Posted by bionic3epl View Post
    Ubuntu 20.04's kernel 5.4 causes internet Slowness, cutoffs & internet loss. Can you guys have canonical fix that please?

PS: It's not my router nor my ISP, it's kernel 5.4 causing the issue In 20.04.
    Ethernet or wireless? Does this apply to each and every driver and hardware combination? Intel? Broadcom? Atheros? Realtek? Etc.?

When you file the suggested bug report, please include these details at the minimum.

As far as I know, we are all volunteers at ubuntuforums. I doubt that more than a very few have any contact with Canonical at all; I certainly don't.

Also, I don't believe that Canonical is reponsible for either kernel or driver development.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.