Thread: I disabled window move but it's still work

Beans

I disabled window move but it's still work

I reached to CompizConfig in Windows management section, I disabled Window move "Alt+button1" but although that it's still work.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: I disabled window move but it's still work

Are you even running compiz?
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

It's my first time to configure shortcut keys, and I restart Mint and the change has no affect.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

The question was and still is:
    Are you even running compiz?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by CelticWarrior View Post
    The question was and still is:
    I read more about "even" definition and this question is still has no sense to me, I'm asking about computer question not English. The mint forum has no replay to my question, if this forum has no too, so I have to accept my Mint as it is with its problem support can't solve.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/even#English

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

@pascal111, so that we don't get hung up on the subtleties of the English language, just leave the word even out of the question, so it becomes:

Are you running compiz?
    Please answer the question.

A word of explanation about the word "even" in this context. It implies disbelief on the part of the questioner. The questioner could have asked, "Are you really running compiz?" or, "Are you actually running compiz?" They all give a slightly different emphasis to the neutral, "Are you running compiz?"

I have little or no experience of the desktop environments that Mint uses, but I believe (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that none of them use compiz by default. Hence the question.
    Last edited by coffeecat; April 8th, 2020 at 11:46 AM.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    @pascal111, so that we don't get hung up on the subtleties of the English language, just leave the word even out of the question, so it becomes:

Please answer the question.

A word of explanation about the word "even" in this context. It implies disbelief on the part of the questioner. The questioner could have asked, "Are you really running compiz?" or, "Are you actually running compiz?" They all give a slightly different emphasis to the neutral, "Are you running compiz?"

I have little or no experience of the desktop environments that Mint uses, but I believe (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that none of them use compiz by default. Hence the question.
    I understood now. I ran Compiz for first time in these days to solve this problem, I had no idea about Compiz before, I never used it except now for this particular problem, but it gave me no reaction as I expected as I have shown in the explanation image in the first post of the thread.