Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intel Drivers

Beans

Intel Drivers

So im new to unbutu, just installed it and thought if intel drivers can be installed in unbutu?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Intel Drivers

Already installed.
    Are you having issues?
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

You shouldn't need to install any drivers. Most of them especially intel are either part of the Kernel or installed by default. The only exception to this are later nvidia drivers, but the option is there to install them. If you want to see if any proprietary drivers need installing, open the driver manager & see if it offers anything. It probably won't though if your hardware is Intel.

Beans

i mean the only issue is when i turn on the laptop, before starting the os, it restarts 2 times

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

If it is before the OS it has nothing to do with the OS let alone drivers.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by CelticWarrior View Post
    If it is before the OS it has nothing to do with the OS let alone drivers.
    No this started after i formated my laptop, and installed ubuntu, below u can see the video of booting.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xd7qxeo8co...13833.mp4?dl=0

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Again, whatever happens before the OS is loaded has not and CANNOT have to do with the OS, let alone drivers. And why Intel drivers specifically? This is quite ignorant.

What your video shows is not a restart, it's an attempt to boot from the network (PXE) which fails (obviously) and then it boots from the local drive. It suggests wrong settings in UEFI ("BIOS").

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by CelticWarrior View Post
    Again, whatever happens before the OS is loaded has not and CANNOT have to do with the OS, let alone drivers. And why Intel drivers specifically? This is quite ignorant.

What your video shows is not a restart, it's an attempt to boot from the network (PXE) which fails (obviously) and then it boots from the local drive. It suggests wrong settings in UEFI ("BIOS").
    i didnt say intel driver was faulty, the 1st person to comment said do u have any other problem, after installation, and im writing here because i dont know the problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

You gave a textbook example of a X-Y problem, i.e., asking about what you think is a solution instead of asking about the problem itself.

This thread started with
    So im new to unbutu, just installed it and thought if intel drivers can be installed in unbutu?
    to which a few people responded that "intel drivers are already installed" so, what's the problem you are trying to solve? Then, and only then, you actually told/showed us what the "problem" was...

I suggest that in the future you ask about the problem you're trying to solve, describe it the best you can, and not ask about what you think could be a solution. And this is also completely independent from Ubuntu or any other OS, the problem isn't you're being a newbie in Ubuntu, the problem is you don't understand computers and their boot process.

Beans

The thread title doesnt have any thing to do with the boot problem. SInce someone replied i thought of asking for my other problem.
    U can easily ignore me and dont go through the trouble of helping me, instead of calling me ignorant and telling i dont know anything about computers.
    I was about to say thanks for explaining me that the boot doesnt have any problem with OS...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast