Quote Originally Posted by datagueule View Post
thanks for your help!!

do you have any idea if I can contact one of the developper from ubuntu if they have an answer? the 18.04 is not that young, I mean it s surprising my wifi driver is not adapted
thank you
Is it a problem with the driver wl provided by bcmwl-kernel-source or is it, instead a problem with your kernel version 5.3.0-45? That's why I asked that you try booting into an earlier kernel version than -45 at the GRUB menu to see if the wireless works. If you file a bug report, that will be an early question; is it the driver, is it the kernel or is it the hardware.

In fact, the driver is typically well-suited to your hardware. I participate here and at askubuntu.com and have seen and worked on many hundreds of Broadcom cases and have seen your exact error maybe three times in almost twenty years. We haven't any idea how many Broadcom users have no problem at all because nobody writes a post on the forums to complain or ask about perfect wireless.

Something in your unique setup; hardware, driver and kernel version, is wrong. We haven't found out what it is yet.

Here is where you can file a bug report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/