Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how do i install netflix or disneyplus into ubuntu?

Beans

Re: how do i install netflix or disneyplus into ubuntu?

Thread moved to the "Apple Hardware Users" forum.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Since you said "which file do I open?" it seems like you don't understand the process.
    That's OK, we all have to start somewhere.
    First thing - your Macbook may or may not support 64-bit. Which model is it? Is it this: Identifiers: Mid-2007 - MB061LL/A - MacBook2,1 - A1181 - 2139

Beans

Idk what model it is. I tried to download Ubuntu 18.04. But I get stuck around the login/password area. I put the same login/pass I created. It doesn't work. Please help.

Beans
    Distro

We're having trouble helping because you don't quite give enough info.
    Were you successful installing the 64-bit .amd64.iso from CD or USB stick? That will at least tell us if it's 64-bit capable.
    If you were successful, did you do the erase and install option?
    Have you tried restarting and immediately holding the Option key to get the Mac's built-in bootloader icons to show?

Beans

I think I downloaded the Ubuntu 18.04 server instead of the desktop. I tried to download Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop. I could download the file but it took too long to burn the file onto a CD. My laptop doesn't really burn .iso files? So it was taking 3+ hours to burn the disc. I couldn't leave my comp on that long. So I was unsuccessful. What should I do?

Beans
    Distro

It shouldn't take that long to burn, so I guess it's broken.
    How about burning to a USB stick? Or, use another computer to burn the DVD?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by wandwaving View Post
    I think I downloaded the Ubuntu 18.04 server instead of the desktop. I tried to download Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop. I could download the file but it took too long to burn the file onto a CD. My laptop doesn't really burn .iso files? So it was taking 3+ hours to burn the disc. I couldn't leave my comp on that long. So I was unsuccessful. What should I do?
    I really don't know what you're trying to do...
    The ISO is much larger than a CD, it fits only in a DVD. Did you meant a DVD or were you actually trying to burn it to a CD, in which case it would obviously fail?
    And why use optical media? If you computer can boot from a USB stick then use that, obviously. The XX century ended some 20 years ago.

Beans

I tried burning it to a USB but I don't know how to install the Ubuntu 18.04 desktop file after it's on the USB and plugged into the computer.

Beans
    Distro

Macs have a boot manager which you use by pressing and holding the option/Alt key immediately after hearing the gong sound. After a few seconds (maybe up to a minute?), icons for all the bootable devices appear. You select one (EFI boot) and click on the continue arrow. You'll know if you correctly burned the Ubuntu to the USB stick if it shows up and boots when selected.
    https://laptop.ninja/how-to-install-...a-macbook-pro/

PS - saying "how to install the desktop file" tells us you haven't read much about using linux yet...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12