Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installing Specific nVidia Geforce 2700 SE Driver

Beans

Re: Installing Specific nVidia Geforce 2700 SE Driver

I don't especially mind rolling back to an older release of Ubuntu (assuming I could still receive security updates?). Right now, I cannot replace my GPU, which would be the easiest solution (and hey, new GPU!). I'm fine with 1080 graphics, and I am mostly trying to get by with what I have available.

So it's up to the OP to decide whether to try the 304 hack or look at troubleshooting nouveau (or buy a new GPU).
    If troubleshooting nouveau, let's have a look at /var/log/Xorg.0.log from a good boot and one where it goes to 800x600.
    I am not sure on how to do this. Currently, I can use the system. I get the 800x600 resolution when I attempt to "fix" my GPU driver issue, or upon installation (not sure why it does or does not upon install).

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

16.04 is the oldest release still supported for free.

Beans

Nvm. Just me being paranoid
    Last edited by Yellow Pasque; April 2nd, 2020 at 10:32 PM.

Beans

16.04 is the oldest release still supported for free.
    I rolled back to 16.04 with software/security updates, and have encountered zero issues! It's kind of nostalgic to my first experience with Linux (naturally Ubuntu) back in high school. This will definitely work until I can update my GPU. I seriously appreciate the advice everyone has given me.

Based on the name and date of the OP's account, I guess this is an April's Fool thread. HA HA. You got me LULZ, etc. Let's move on..
    It was March 31st (Central time, USA) when I created my account. I'm guessing the website is hosted in the U.K. Anyway, not that I have to explain myself, but my username is out of laziness - the initials of my first three names (I'm Oklahoman), and a pun on my last name.

Anyway, thanks everyone, and stay safe.

Beans

I love a happy ending. Please mark the thread SOLVED (thread tools menu above first post)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12