Thread: Lupsan Gaming Headset Microphone not detected?

Beans

Lupsan Gaming Headset Microphone not detected?

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to Ubuntu (a friend installed Ubuntu 18.04 on a MacBook Pro 8,1 for me), so I apologize in advance if I miss any relevant information while describing my issue.

I'm trying to use my Lupsan Gaming Headset (single-jack). This works fine on a Lenovo Laptop which is running Windows 10, so the headset itself should be the problem. When I plug the headset in, the headphones work just fine but the microphone doesn't. I took a look at the audio control but I kind of at a loss.

The inbuilt microphone works just fine but the Line In (which assume should be the microphone?) doesn't pick up any sound at all. I'll add screenshots of the settings I think are relevant:

If you have a suggestion what I could do to get my headset to work properly, I would be very grateful for detailed instructions because I still have to learn a lot about Ubuntu. Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Lupsan Gaming Headset Microphone not detected?

Any "single-jack" device needs an adapter when used with separated headphone and microphone inputs.

Beans

Re: Lupsan Gaming Headset Microphone not detected?

I even do have an adapter but the Mac Book Pro only has a headphone output, which apparently should also work as a microphone input if your headphones have three pins (which my headset does). I'll have to look into that a little more but now I feel like I have an idea of what to search for. Thanks a lot!