Thread: [SOLVED] GRUB - Incorrect screen resolution after installing a new graphics card

Beans

[SOLVED] GRUB - Incorrect screen resolution after installing a new graphics card

Good evening to everybody

I installed a new graphics card. Since then, the screen resolution at GRUB is no longer correct.

Soft- und Hardware
    • OS: Ubuntu 19.10 (5.3.0-42-generic #32-Ubuntu SMP x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux). The graphics drivers for the card installed: sudo apt install nvidia-driver-435
    • PC: Gigabyte GA-H110M-DS2 (rev. 1.0), Intel Core i7-7700 (3.6 GHz), 32 GB RAM, Palit GeForce 1050 Ti KalmX
    • MONITOR: Apple StudioDisplay 27"

I made the following adjustments to the GRUB configuration:
    • GRUB_GFXMODE="2560x1440x24"
    • GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX="2560x1440x24"
    • sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg and sudo update-grub

I added FRAMEBUFFER=y to the /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/splash and did sudo update-initramfs -u.

The splash screen (plymouth) is also displayed in the wrong screen resolution.

Who has a tip on how I can solve the "problems"?

Thank you in advance for your appreciated help and stay healthy, Laszlo
    Last edited by lcs_europe; March 29th, 2020 at 09:23 AM.

Beans

Re: [SOLVED] GRUB - Incorrect screen resolution after installing a new graphics card

Hi there. Problem solved. I have choose the wrong resolution in the grub.cfg. I replaced the font and size in the GRUB-Theme too.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: [SOLVED] GRUB - Incorrect screen resolution after installing a new graphics card

Thanks for an attempt at marking the thread solved. Better though to use Thread Tools.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.