Thread: Landscape constant problems

Beans

Landscape constant problems

Hi there,

really hoping that someone may have the same issues and can maybe help me out with this. We're using a landscape on-prem installaion for quite a while now (> 1 year) and i am constantly having problems regarding the clients. Currently its again that the client will not take the orders from the landscape-master, neither update nor reboot or something like this. I've had this in the past sometimes with only a few of the machines and could just fix it with re-installing the landscape-client, but now most of my client-machines (actually all these are servers) dont work anymore.
    I Checked the broker log and found the following, but i am not sure if it has something to do with it:
    Code:
    During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/landscape/client/broker/transport.py", line 82, in exchange
        message_api)
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/landscape/client/broker/transport.py", line 56, in _curl
        headers=headers, cainfo=self._pubkey, curl=curl))
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/landscape/lib/fetch.py", line 118, in fetch
        raise PyCurlError(e.args[0], e.args[1])
    landscape.lib.fetch.PyCurlError: Error 77:
    2020-03-23 06:26:33,104 INFO     [MainThread] Message exchange failed.
    2020-03-23 06:26:33,104 INFO     [MainThread] Message exchange completed in 0.02s.
    2020-03-23 06:27:33,201 INFO     [MainThread] Starting urgent message exchange with https://$server.$domain/message-system.
    2020-03-23 06:27:33,215 ERROR    [PoolThread-twisted.internet.reactor-1] Error contacting the server at https://$server.$domain/message-system.
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/landscape/lib/fetch.py", line 116, in fetch
        curl.perform()
    pycurl.error: (77, '')
    Also i always have the message that none of my servers could connect to the landscape-master. This is a prolem i've had from the start and i dont know how to fix this. Firewall should be fine and i dont see any problems -.-

Regards

Jonas

Beans

Re: Landscape constant problems

Found the solution!!!
    Uninstalled landscape on every machine, deleted the landscape-master, cancelled the incredibly expensive subscription and moved to SuSE-Uyuni. Based on salt, OpenSource, Free, Better docs & support and...to mention that, better forum.