Thread: prevent software store/centre from notification of updates

Beans

prevent software store/centre from notification of updates

Using Ubuntu 19.10 with unity desktop. Have used Ubuntu for years and usually have software updater handle updates. Last month installed a program with software store/centre and unfortunately also click on the updates tab. Now software store thinks it should handle updates and I would like to stop this and this have software updater keep on handling the updates without software store from butting in. Is there a way of doing this without a purge of software store and reinstallation if that would even help. Google has no ideas on this problem and does seem to be any preferences option in software store. Thank you.

Repeating I do use software updater for keeping my system up to date, just do not want software store/centre to try to do it.

Beans

Re: prevent software store/centre from notification of updates

Settings > Notifications > (click on) Ubuntu Software
    There is a switch to toggle off notifications.

Beans

Don't seem to have a notifications setting in unity desktop. Do seem to have found preferences for software store, and turned off. I do seem like to have another problem with 'software and updates' it is now only a small box about an inch by 2 inch with just part of name on top and blank white for the rest. Cannot check if software updater notifications are still set, maybe a reboot will fix.

Beans

Reboot has fixed 'software and updates'. Notifications for software updater are still good. Software store update notifications are staying off. Marking as solve. Thank you.