Thread: Black screen in Pathfinder Kingmaker (GOG version)

Threaded View

Beans

Black screen in Pathfinder Kingmaker (GOG version)

Hi,

I recently installed Pathfinder Kingmaker with GOG installer (2.0.8). Game worked "fine" for the whole Chapter 1. I then got graphic artefact as soon as I reached Kingdom management world map. It seems very similar to what is describe with mesa for steam here : https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/issues/952 (there is an image in the middle of the comments).

I'm Ubuntu 18.04. I also played around with ingame configs : low/medium, fullscreen or not; nothing helps. See attachment for behaviour.

sudo lshw -c video ==>
    *-display
    description: VGA compatible controller
    product: Tahiti XT [Radeon HD 7970/8970 OEM / R9 280X]
    vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
    physical id: 0
    bus info: pci@0000:01:00.0
    version: 00
    width: 64 bits
    clock: 33MHz
    capabilities: pm pciexpress msi vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom configuration: driver=radeon latency=0

Basically whenever I go to the Kingdom management world map and get out after having entered different zones, I get blackness for the main part of the screen.

It can be starting (from launching the game; I mention this because loading a save, even from main menu doesn't have the same behaviour if you restart the game) : [from the world map, going to Tuskdale, then Throne Room, then Kingdom Affair map] OR [from the Throne Room, then main square Hub, then main square, then area exit --> All black] OR [from the Throne room --> Kingdom Affair map --> exit --> Main square Hub --> Main square --> All black]

I also seldom only have my character 3d model black, but not the rest black.

Any one had similar problem ? If so what was your fix ?

Thank you !

EDIT : I'll also post in the official forums shortly
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RedSword; 1 Week Ago at 04:29 AM.