Thread: Boot issues - trying to save my PC !!

Beans

Boot issues - trying to save my PC !!

Hi, I need help... I believe that I mistakenly removed my USB key while I was trying to copy a file that was larger than 4 Gb on a FAT32 USB key (which is not possible !!)...
    since that time, I cannot boot my Ubuntu 16.04 PC, which also has a Windows partition that I do not use...

The last error message from boot-repair is:
    GPT detected. Please create a BIOS-Boot partition (>1MB, unformatted filesystem, bios_grub flag). This can be performed via tools such as Gparted. Then try again.
    Alternatively, you can retry after activating the [Separate /boot/efi partition:] option.

When I try to activate the [separate/boot/efi partition] option, I get the following message:
    An error occurred during the repair.

A new file (/var/log/boot-repair/20200322_193039/Boot-Info_20200322_1930.txt) will open in your text viewer.

In case you still experience boot problem, indicate its content to:
    boot.repair@gmail.com

You can now reboot your computer.
    Please do not forget to make your BIOS boot on sda1 file!

Can you assist ? Here is the link to the boot-repair report: http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/TqR436nw4k/

I am not an expert in Ubuntu (obviously...), but I can use a terminal... I am fairly new at using Ubuntu, so I'd appreciate if you can give me basic instructions !

Thanks in advance !
    Last edited by schamp1x; 1 Week Ago at 04:16 PM.