Thread: looking for a convertibe laptop that has no issues running ubuntu

Beans

looking for a convertibe laptop that has no issues running ubuntu

Hello everyone,

since my old laptop probably won't make it past the end of this month i've been scouring the internet all day for a convertible laptop that can (somewhat) run ubuntu, however i couldn't find any models matching my criteria. Now i'm posting here humbly asking for your suggestions; any and all advice would be very much appreciated.

I don't care at all about brands or if the model has been relased a while ago. Also good specs like expensive graphics cards, a lot of storage etc. don't matter

my criteria:

- the most i'm willing to spend is 1400 $

- it has to be a convertible laptop with a touch screen

- stylus support with pressure sensitivity and palm rejection is a must since i like drawing on tablets

- it should be possible run some version of ubuntu somewhat smoothly. What i mean by this is that i don't care if the touch screen looses it's functionality due to a lack of linux drivers or whatever, since in that case i would just set up a dual boot with windows. I mostly use ubuntu for coding and getting more into linux

- a sturdy hinge that keeps the screen upright at all times (i read that some convertible laptops have issues with this)

- an at least average keyboard (i loathe awful keyboards with non-responsive and tiny keys)

I'm looking forward to hearing your views on this, and many thanks in advance!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: looking for a convertibe laptop that has no issues running ubuntu

Looks like this may be what you are looking for - coming next month....
    https://system76.com/laptops/lemur
    Cheers,

The Linux Command Line at http://linuxcommand.org/

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine

Re: looking for a convertibe laptop that has no issues running ubuntu

If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users