Thread: Finding a functioning voice changer for Discord on Ubuntu (Kubuntu)?

Beans

Unhappy Finding a functioning voice changer for Discord on Ubuntu (Kubuntu)?

I've been trying to find (or make) a voice changer for a project I have with some friends for a tabletop gameo ver Discord, which includes (for me) role-playing as a robot. Thing is, I can't find any real-time voice modifier/changer/modulator that works on Ubuntu (Or Kubuntu, the flavor I'm currently using), and can also be detected in Discord as a viable Input Device. Reading other forum posts, I've tried the following:

• pyvoicechanger, which only works on pitch, and Discord can't detect.
    • Jack Rack, which Discord doesn't support at the moment (See this issue)
    • And finally, according to these two already asked questions (one and two, sox.

The last one is the only one I haven't confirmed as "not working" since, according to the mentioned seconds post, it requires outputting the audio to a "null sink", which neither Chrome nor any other Ubuntu recorder/app detects.

So, what I want to ask is: Is there an alternative to voice changer, being manual modulators using chorus, pitch, etc; or simple voice changers using defined settings ("robot", "giant", "helium voice", etc) that can work with different apps in Ubuntu (That is to say, Kubuntu)? (Or at least with Discord)
    Last edited by galacticsubaru; March 23rd, 2020 at 06:12 PM.