Thread: Unable to connect to the internet anywhere except at home. What can I do?

Beans

Post Unable to connect to the internet anywhere except at home. What can I do?

As the title says, I able completely fine with connecting to my home router wirelessly, however if I connect to any other router (be it at a friend's house, the library, Starbucks, etc.) Network Manager will show that I am connected to the router, but when I ping or use the internet through a browser it is unable to connect to the internet.

I've looked up and down the internet, but I cannot seem to find my issue with a solution.
    Hoping to find some luck by reaching out myself.

I'm sure you need more information of what I'm working with so let me know and I'll provide it asap.

Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Unable to connect to the internet anywhere except at home. What can I do?

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Hi, please click on the wireless script in my signature, follow the directions for running it and posting the results back here using the pastebin link created and someone probably will be able to help you.

Beans

Re: Unable to connect to the internet anywhere except at home. What can I do?

Would you, by any chance, have a static IP configuration instead of DHCP?