Thread: 3.28.2 - 18.04 - Desktop icons now hidden, right click menu wrong

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Question 3.28.2 - 18.04 - Desktop icons now hidden, right click menu wrong

I installed some different programs to randomly select a wallpaper, the latest being the gnome extension Random Wallpaper but despite removing this, the desktop icons that were there are no longer, I cannot move anything to the desktop from Nautilus by dragging, and when I right click the following menu appears instead of the usual:

menu.jpg

Before this I had Komorebi and Wallch installed but they have been removed, or at least I tried to remove them and when I sudo apt remove programname the output is that they are not installed. Is there a way to completely purge these programs and the extension Random Wallpaper please?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Re: 3.28.2 - 18.04 - Desktop icons now hidden, right click menu wrong

Hi dusf,

I'm sorry you've been having issues. To fully purge the random wallpaper program you can run in the command line (also called a Terminal) by typing
    PHP Code:
    sudo apt purge [program name
    By doing the purge command you will not only uninstall the program but the configuration files that are left behind if you only use the uninstall command.

As far as your desktop icons, did your settings for Gnome get changed by the programs? By default Gnome doesn't allow desktop icons and you have to change that in settings.