Thread: Bluetooth not working with 18.04

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Bluetooth not working with 18.04

I am having problems with bluetooth connection to a portable speaker (Anker Soundcore Mini) on Lubuntu 18.04 LTS. Most often it does not work. The bluetooth device manager 'sees' the device and says that it is paired with it, but it cannot connect. I have tried removing the device and setting it up again, but the set up nearly always fails when attempting to establish a connection (see screenshot). Strangely, on at least two occasions it has worked on rebooting after having set up the device successfully in Windows 8 (my other OS on the same computer). But on subsequent boots it has again failed. On another computer running Linux Mint 19 the device is immediately recognised, paired, and functional. I would appreciate help in diagnosing and resolving this issue. Many thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Bluetooth not working with 18.04

These bluetooth audio devices love to turn off to save power when something is not connected to them. First try to make sure it's not this. Turn off. Delete device, turn on, connect.

Beans
    Distro

Thanks for your reply. No, it's not this. It is true that the device does turn off after half an hour, but on these occasions when I have been trying to get the connection to work I have always just recently turned it on, and am aware of the little blue light which flashes while it is searching and stays on when it is connected. Re your advice to delete device, turn on, connect... (1) That does not work on most occasions, but rarely, by some sick logic, it does! (2) The audio speaker says that when turned on it will automatically connect to the last connected device. It does this as stated with my phone, and with my other computer. So clearly one computer has a problem. (3) In the setting where I need this to work, I need it to be swift and trouble free.

Beans
    Distro

Any further ideas on how to resolve this? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

This might get more attention in the 'Networking and Wireless' section of the forum. Maybe one of the moderators can move it...
    Reminder: If you start a thread asking for help with a problem, please remember to use the Thread Tools to mark the issue as "SOLVED" once you have a solution. This will help other people with the same problem when they search for answers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Moved to Networking & Wireless

Beans
    Distro

Thank you.